Are you looking to start a book collection? Add to your collection? Or gift a large one-time box of expert-curated books to your local classroom, school, doctor's or nurse's or dentist's office, rec center, little free library, or anyone else loving books? Then you've come to the right place! We're excited to announce our newest product, Mega Boxes, full of past OurShelves selections! Created as a result of your member feedback, we'd love for you to help us pilot this new offering. Any questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Our books are mindfully and lovingly chosen by our Curation Team for children ages 0-8 years old. You'll choose the age group for your Mega Box, and we'll send you OurShelves selections from past boxes to enjoy with the special kids in your world. These books ignite imagination and wonder and feature diverse and traditionally under-represented characters and families.
- Cherish these picture books curated for children ages 0-2 (Sunshine), ages 2-5 (Rainbow), or ages 5-8 (Treehouse).
- Affirm your values of inclusion, equity, social justice, love, and yes, fun and joy, while sharing expert-curated, high-quality children's books with the special children in your world.
- Our books proudly feature racially and ethnically diverse, LGBTQ+, disabled, feminist, and other traditionally under-represented characters and families in children's books.
- Feel pride knowing you're exercising your consumer power to be counted in support of diverse children's books. OurShelves advocates for the many diverse books still needed, in part by proving to publishers the significant, yet largely under-estimated, audience for such books.
- Our Curation Team members who review your books share expertise from librarianship, teaching, early childhood development, psychology, racial and other identity bias, and parenting. All Curation Team members -- and their children -- have the lived experience of being under-represented in children's books.
- Free shipping.
Who will love these books?
These beautiful books are mindfully and lovingly chosen by our expert Curation Team for children ages 0-2 (Sunshine), 2-5 (Rainbow), or 5-8 (Treehouse) years old.
When will my box book be delivered?
Because we hand-pick books from many different publishers and distributors, your box will ship within 7-10 business days of placing your order. They will be worth the wait!
What will be inside my box?
Sunshine (Ages 0-2) boxes include all board books. Rainbow (Ages 2-5) boxes include both hardback and paperback picture books and occasionally board books that are age-appropriate for this age. Treehouse (Ages 5-8) boxes include both hardback and paperback picture books.
Why do you include paperback books?
While paperback books are often somewhat older books, we offer the combination of hardback and paperback books because there are wonderful paperback books centering under-represented characters and families that are worth cherishing. Combining hardback and paperback books also allows us to stay within the current price points.
Who pays for shipping?
OurShelves does - you receive FREE SHIPPING with your order! Shipping within the U.S. is on us. If you’re outside the U.S., please let us know by clicking here — we are exploring the best ways to ship outside the United States!
What if I have feedback to share?
Yes, please. We always welcome your feedback here.
Books previously featured
OurShelves is a quarterly diverse book box for children.
We curate high-quality children’s books that feature racially and ethnically diverse, LGBTQ+, disabled, feminist, and other characters and families currently under-represented in kids’ books.
We advocate for the many more diverse books still needed, in part by proving the significant audience for such books through our growing membership.
How it Works
You choose the type of book box you receive every 3 months:
Sunshine Box (Ages 0-2)
Rainbow Box (Ages 2-5)
Treehouse Box (Ages 5-8)
Enjoy the peace of mind knowing that our Curation Team lives and breathes finding, and delivering to your doorstep, the very best books!
Cherish these special stories. Share them throughout your community. Also, share with us who and what types of stories are still missing on your shelves, which we can incorporate into our advocacy.
The characters our children meet in their books matter.
Your Subscription Matters
Our books affirm, empower, and connect.
Share our stories with your school,
or library, and as birthday, shower,
or holiday gifts.
Be counted. Publishers will create
more of these books as they understand just how many of us there are seeking these books.