Sunshine books are mindfully and lovingly chosen by our Curation Team for children ages 0-2 years old. Gift these beautiful board books to the special infants and toddlers in your world that both ignite imagination and wonder and feature diverse and traditionally under-represented characters and families.
- Gift board books curated for children ages 0-2.
- Affirm your values of inclusion, equity, social justice, love, and yes, fun, while sharing expert-curated, high-quality children's books with the special children in your world.
- Our books proudly feature racially and ethnically diverse, LGBTQ+, disabled, feminist, and other traditionally under-represented characters and families in children's books.
- Feel pride knowing you're exercising your consumer power to be counted in support of diverse children's books. OurShelves advocates for the many diverse books still needed, in part by proving the significant, yet largely under-estimated, audience for such books.
- Our Curation Team members who review your books share expertise from librarianship, teaching, early childhood development, psychology, racial and other identity bias, and parenting. All Curation Team members -- and their children -- share the lived experience of being under-represented in children's books.
- Free shipping.
Who will love these books?
These beautiful board books are mindfully and lovingly chosen by our expert Curation Team for children ages 0-2 years old.
When will my box book be delivered?
Your first gifted box will ship within 5-7 business days of placing your order. You will receive a notification when your box has shipped to your gift recipient.
What will be inside my box?
Sunshine boxes include all board books. With each 3-book or 5-book delivery, in addition to your books, you’ll receive a special activity idea for one of the books to keep the fun and conversation going! (During the pandemic, these are currently being provided electronically).
Who pays for shipping?
OurShelves does - you receive FREE SHIPPING with your subscription! Shipping within the U.S. is on us. If you’re outside the U.S., please let us know by clicking here — we are exploring the best ways to ship outside the United States!
What if I have feedback to share?
Yes, please. We always welcome your feedback here.
Books previously featured
A MUST in every home!
We have been subscribed to OurShelves for two years, since our little one was just a newborn! We love that our bookshelf is continually full of books representing a wide variety of people. The books are well chosen and high quality, and some of our little one's favorites!
Impressed and Delighted
My whole family has been impressed and delighted by our first year subscribing to OurShelves for our now almost 2-year old. They provide books with beautiful illustrations or photographs that are fun to read out loud and cover the full range of toddler interests (naming/finding objects, rhyming stories, just looking at pictures of other real babies). All with diversity in mind and on the pages!
Great curation, loved by adults and kids
We have been subscribed to OurShelves since 2019, when our twins were infants. Many of the OurShelves books have been favorites, with some being requested daily for months and even years. We appreciate the diversity represented in the books, and their overall quality.
Wonderful inclusive subscription service
I've subscribed for over a year now. We get three books every three months. My son is almost two years old and he loves when we get new books in the mail to read! One of his all time favorite books is Baby Goes to Market. We love introducing him to all types of people, cultures, languages, and family dynamics. This subscription has helped us do that. I believe when you sign up, you set age preferences and topics you are interested in, as well as frequency. We only receive board books, because paperback just wouldn't survive Ourshelves is overall a great service to help add diverse books to your library! Wonderful customer service as well!
OurShelves is a quarterly diverse book box for children.
We curate high-quality children’s books that feature racially and ethnically diverse, LGBTQ+, disabled, feminist, and other characters and families currently under-represented in kids’ books.
We advocate for the many more diverse books still needed, in part by proving the significant audience for such books through our growing membership.