Sunshine books are mindfully and lovingly chosen by our Curation Team for children ages 0-2 years old. Gift these beautiful board books to the special infants and toddlers in your world that both ignite imagination and wonder and feature diverse and traditionally under-represented characters and families.
- Gift board books curated for children ages 0-2.
- Affirm your values of inclusion, equity, social justice, love, and yes, fun, while sharing expert-curated, high-quality children's books with the special children in your world.
- Our books proudly feature racially and ethnically diverse, LGBTQ+, disabled, feminist, and other traditionally under-represented characters and families in children's books.
- Feel pride knowing you're exercising your consumer power to be counted in support of diverse children's books. OurShelves advocates for the many diverse books still needed, in part by proving the significant, yet largely under-estimated, audience for such books.
- Our Curation Team members who review your books share expertise from librarianship, teaching, early childhood development, psychology, racial and other identity bias, and parenting. All Curation Team members -- and their children -- share the lived experience of being under-represented in children's books.
- Free shipping.
Who will love these books?
These beautiful board books are mindfully and lovingly chosen by our expert Curation Team for children ages 0-2 years old.
When will my box book be delivered?
Your first gifted box will ship within 5-7 business days of placing your order. You will receive a notification when your box has shipped to your gift recipient.
What will be inside my box?
Sunshine boxes include all board books. With each 3-book or 5-book delivery, in addition to your books, you’ll receive a special activity idea for one of the books to keep the fun and conversation going! (During the pandemic, these are currently being provided electronically).
Who pays for shipping?
OurShelves does - you receive FREE SHIPPING with your subscription! Shipping within the U.S. is on us. If you’re outside the U.S., please let us know by clicking here — we are exploring the best ways to ship outside the United States!
What if I have feedback to share?
Yes, please. We always welcome your feedback here.
Books previously featured
We love our sunshine box!
I highly recommend OurShelves! As a mother of a biracial son and a mental health counselor I very much appreciate the variety of cultures, perspectives, and representation of different types of families that are seen in these books. Having them delivered quarterly is perfect for us to build our library without being overwhelmed by too many books. We have been getting the sunshine box and my 1 year old loves the books- often choosing them for his bedtime stories- and they have been favorites for months! We are excited to try the rainbow box next!
A fantastic gift for new babies!
Our family received a year of Ourshelves as a gift when our twins were born. We just received our 4th quarterly box, and have been so pleased with all the books from this last year. It's always an exciting day when the new books come and helps us keep our bookshelf fresh and interesting. Some of our family favorites have come from Ourshelves. As a two mom family, it's been so wonderful to see our family represented in some of the books we've received. We also love that there is so much diversity in the books, allowing our babies to be exposed to different cultures and experiences. I know that many of the books we received will be read for years to come. I would absolutely recommend subscribing friends with new babies or your own family- you won't regret it!
LOVE this subscription box
Wonderful! Communication from Our Shelves and high quality of books sent are too notch!
A MUST in every home!
We have been subscribed to OurShelves for two years, since our little one was just a newborn! We love that our bookshelf is continually full of books representing a wide variety of people. The books are well chosen and high quality, and some of our little one's favorites!
OurShelves is a quarterly diverse book box for children.
We curate high-quality children’s books that feature racially and ethnically diverse, LGBTQ+, disabled, feminist, and other characters and families currently under-represented in kids’ books.
We advocate for the many more diverse books still needed, in part by proving the significant audience for such books through our growing membership.