Enjoy this very special baby, infant, and toddler book subscription! Sunshine books are mindfully and lovingly chosen by our Curation Team for children ages 0-2 years old. These beautiful board books chosen for your babies, infants, and toddlers both ignite imagination and wonder and feature diverse and traditionally under-represented characters and families.
- Enjoy board books curated especially for babies, infants, and toddlers.
- Affirm your values of equity, anti-racism, social justice, inclusion, love, and yes, fun, while enjoying expert-curated, high-quality children's books with your child(ren).
- Our books proudly feature racially and ethnically diverse, LGBTQ+, disabled, feminist, and other traditionally under-represented characters and families in children's books.
- Feel pride knowing you're exercising your consumer power to be counted in support of diverse children's books. OurShelves advocates for the many diverse books still needed, in part by proving the significant, yet largely under-estimated, audience for such books through our growing membership.
- Our Curation Team members who review your books share expertise from librarianship, teaching, early childhood development, psychology, racial and other identity bias, and parenting. All Curation Team members -- and their children -- share the lived experience of being under-represented in children's books.
- After your first shipment, books arrive quarterly -- in March, June, September, and December.
- Free shipping.
Who will love these books?
These beautiful board books are mindfully and lovingly chosen by our expert Curation Team for children ages 0-2 years old.
When will my box book be delivered?
Your first box will ship within 5-7 business days of placing your order. After your first box, packages will be delivered each quarter - in March, June, September, and December. You will receive a notification each time one of your boxes has shipped.
What will be inside my box?
Sunshine boxes include all board books. With each 3-book or 5-book delivery, in addition to your books, you’ll receive a special activity idea for one of the books to keep the fun and conversation going! (During the pandemic, these special activity ideas are currently provided electronically.)
Who pays for shipping?
OurShelves does - you receive FREE SHIPPING with your subscription! Shipping within the U.S. is on us. If you’re outside the U.S., please let us know by clicking here — we are exploring the best ways to ship outside the United States!
What if I have feedback to share?
Yes, please. We always welcome your feedback here.
Books previously featured
I shared this gift with a friend as a first birthday gift and these are some of her daughter's favorite books. Each box has sparked important conversations about identity with her family. It was such a hit that I bought a subscription for anther friend on her son's first birthday. Thank you so much for curating such a wonderful selection of stories! It has been a joy sharing them with my friends who are new parents.
A Wonderful Treat!
My little one and I get so excited to get our subscription box. Such sweet stories with beautiful illustrations. It's wonderful to see such diversity in experience curated so beautifully.
Great baby shower gift!
Our daughter’s (and our) favorite books are always from OurShelves! At various times over the past two years we have been really into Rosa Loves Cars, Muy Verde, Pride Colors, Baby Goes to Market, and Show Me Your Day. We have gone on to buy all the Rosa books (and Clive!). OurShelves is highly recommended by this two mom (special educator and speech-language pathologist) family!
Thank you so much for this lovely review, Jen! We appreciate you and your support. Thank you for partnering with us to ensure that all kids and all families have a place on OurShelves!
We love our sunshine box!
I highly recommend OurShelves! As a mother of a biracial son and a mental health counselor I very much appreciate the variety of cultures, perspectives, and representation of different types of families that are seen in these books. Having them delivered quarterly is perfect for us to build our library without being overwhelmed by too many books. We have been getting the sunshine box and my 1 year old loves the books- often choosing them for his bedtime stories- and they have been favorites for months! We are excited to try the rainbow box next!
OurShelves is a quarterly diverse book box for children.
We curate high-quality children’s books that feature racially and ethnically diverse, LGBTQ+, disabled, feminist, and other characters and families currently under-represented in kids’ books.
We advocate for the many more diverse books still needed, in part by proving the significant audience for such books through our growing membership.